Who we are:
Ashgate Specialist Support School is a Primary School for children with Special Educational Needs based in Wythenshawe. We support children with ASC, PMLD, SLD, GLD and other associated difficulties including behaviour.
As a Specialist Outreach and Inclusion Support Team we offer support for primary schools in the South Manchester and Wythenshawe district by providing appropriate, targeted responses through verbal advice, observations, capacity building and training. Support from Ashgate can be focused on the needs of the pupils or by supporting the school and its staff as a whole.
The 'Core Offer' is the provision of services funded through the Local Authority. It provides schools with 4 hours of support per academic year free of charge. Details of the level of support are covered below under the 'Core Offer.'
Ashgate are also able to offer a range of CPD opportunities to staff in schools with the aim of building capacity and shared knowledge. It is offered through bespoke training programmes that can be delivered on a half-day, full-day or twilight basis.
- Complete the Outreach request for support form and provide all the necessary evidence. Please return via secure Egress only.
- Attend all appointments made.
- To build capacity within the mainstream school to support the needs of all pupils with SEND by cascading the information provided (if appropriate) throughout the school.
- To ensure parents are informed of Ashgate’s involvement with the pupil.
- Complete evaluation forms and share evidence of progress with Ashgate School within 3 weeks of notification, to provide data for the LA and to support further development of the outreach service A link will be emailed to you upon completion.
Please note further support will not be offered until all evaluations are fully completed.
Our Outreach Support Includes:
- Telephone and email advice
- Observations and written reports
- Next step and strategy advice
- Advice and pro-formas for specialist resources
- Assessment advice
- Support with Risk Assessments, Behaviour and Positive Handling Plans
- Support with communication and visual structures
- Support with P levels, assessments and moderations
Our Inreach Support Includes:
Opportunities for staff to visit classes and observe good practice and appropriate strategies
Opportunities for staff to have discussions with Ashgate staff
Opportunities to browse our resource library which includes books, practical activities and visuals
Peer mentoring and coaching to support capacity building in mainstream schools
Open Evenings twice a year
Contact Us - email@example.com